Take Your Profession to the Next Level
The American Electrology Association (AEA) is the largest international nonprofit membership organization for permanent hair removal professionals. The AEA promotes the highest standards in electrology education, practice and ethics standards, and champions state licensing to protect the public interest.
The Association plays a key role in providing reliable and scientifically accurate information to its membership, the public, the medical community, and government agencies.
The American Electrology Association is dedicated to its members by providing services to the professional and assisting the profession.
How The AEA Helps You & Your Business
For The Professional
- International Board Certification Program - Certified Professional Electrologist.
- Continuing Education Units recorded and distributed by the Office of Continuing Education.
- Member Input through delegate representation on the AEA Board of Directors.
- Annual Convention presents qualified speakers for CEUs and professional growth.
- Electrology World - published three times a year.
- Journal of Electrology, a membership news publication, published twice a year.
- Home Study Programs for CEUs.
- Brochure Series of information for clients, available to members only.
- Facilitates networking and communications among members.
For The Profession
- Developed & promotes the AEA Code of Ethics.
- Developed & promotes the AEA Standards of Practice.
- Developed & promotes the AEA Infection Prevention Standards.
- Established the AEA Council on Education - Electrology Institutions/Programs.
- Actively promotes consistent State Licensure & Regulation.
- Provides Legislative Assistance to state affiliated associations.
- Develops and provides the IBEC licensing exams; affordable, high-quality exams to all licensed states.
- Interacts with national & state government agencies.